What is this Blog about?

Here you can find my critiques about Films I have seen, or reviews about a topic in the film world. If i have an opinion, it will be here.
Not only that, but whenever something Awesome happens in my life, something I think will be both an interesting story and offer words of advice to my readers, I will tell you about it on here.

Monday 19 December 2011

Frankenstein (James Whale, 1931)

Everyone of my generation has heard of this story: of a mad scientist who in an attempt to defy God and create life, sets loose a terrible monster on the world.
I have only seen this film all the way through recently, and I must say, despite its age this film is certainly worth a watch. It isn't a silent film, being one of the earlier films to use sound and is one of the earliest Universal monster movies. Boris Karloff gives a mesmerising depiction as the monster and all round, if you can look past the fact that its old, there is a great deal about this film that makes it entertaining.
One detail about this film is that it has no musical score, which in some cases can make it a little dull, but the fact that the story keeps you entertained in spite of this is always a boost.
Granted, giving the date it can hardly be called a 'scary' film, but if you watch and think it terms of what people must have felt when they first saw it in 1931and wonder how terrifying it must have been.