What is this Blog about?

Here you can find my critiques about Films I have seen, or reviews about a topic in the film world. If i have an opinion, it will be here.
Not only that, but whenever something Awesome happens in my life, something I think will be both an interesting story and offer words of advice to my readers, I will tell you about it on here.

Wednesday 4 January 2012

101 Dalmatians (Stephen Herek, 1996)

The Live action adaptation of the Disney classic, 101 Dalmatians takes a new perspective on the story. With 101 real, trained and adorable Dalmatians and god knows how many other dogs and animals in the middle, they have to escape from the clutches of the evil Cruella De Vil (Glenn Close) and her moronic minions (Hugh Laurie and Mark Williams) before they get turned into her next fashion statement.
When I was a wee lad, my family and I went to Disney land (you know as you do) and while we were there, my Dad got pulled out of the crowd to try a green screen and replace the character of Roger (Jeff Daniels) in the bicycle scene. Thanks to that, this film has a special place in my memory, even years later.
Most people in the world love puppies and everybody loves seeing dogs trained to wake you up in the morning, answer the door and make coffee and aside from the moments of obvious and lousy CGI, this film touches a special cord with audiences of all ages. Glenn Close does a fantastic job as the most hated villain in all Disney and her playing off of the other characters, whether they are people, animals or animatronic, results in a side splitting and spine tingling performance. Even the minor people characters, despite the fact they do next to nothing (aside from the villains) are phenomenal to watch.
Put it all together and the only reason not to watch this film, would be if you are a cat person, or hate puppies (in which case you have no soul).