What is this Blog about?

Here you can find my critiques about Films I have seen, or reviews about a topic in the film world. If i have an opinion, it will be here.
Not only that, but whenever something Awesome happens in my life, something I think will be both an interesting story and offer words of advice to my readers, I will tell you about it on here.

Sunday 22 January 2012

Band Of Brothers (Various Directors, 2001)

Band of Brothers is a 10 episode television series set during World War 2. The Story follows the members of the 101st Airborne paratrooper regiment, and more specifically the soldiers and officers of Easy Company. Led by Captain Richard 'Dick' Winters (Damian Lewis), the soldiers go through hell time and again as they stand on the front lines agains the Nazi War Machine.
Normally I reserve my blog posts for films reviews. However I just found out that Yesterday, if he were still alive, Major Richard Winters would have turned 94, so I am making a special exception just this once to write my review in memory of the Major.
The whole series is as memorable as the war itself. Most importantly because it is told from the view point of soldier who were actually there and every episode starts with those that are still alive giving their opinions and memories of the events they witnessed and which we are about to see. Every minute of the story is guaranteed to move audiences on a very deep and meaningful level. As the years on screen move by we begin to associate and come to care about the soldiers we see and that makes it all the more personal when they get wounded and killed.
As if that weren't enough, Visually this series is stunning. All the action and drama is brought to life by amazing cinematography and breathtaking levels of acting from the all star cast. The score too has been made to intensify the emotions caught on screen. Each and Every episode is a heart warming, attention grabbing, unforgettable experience.
There are one or two episodes that stand out for various reasons, so I thought I;d finish up by saying which they are and why - 
Episode 2 - Another way to experience D Day
Episode 5 - Visually stunning scenes and a major homage to the Major himself
Episode 7 - The battle of the Bulge, emotional roller coaster for the audience and lots of bad Nazi's getting killed.
Episode 9 - A hard hitting reason for why the war was fought.
Episode 10 (final episode) - Simply because its good to see the soldiers finally going home.